What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you request a catalog, reserve a trip, sign up for our eNewsletter or ask a question.
As needed, you may be asked to enter your name, mailing address or e-mail address. You may, however, choose to visit our web site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions.
How do we use your e-mail address?
We use your e-mail address to communicate with you in the following ways:
- The e-mail address provided will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your trip.
- The e-mail address provided for requesting a catalog may be used first to confirm that you have received your catalog, and second, to confirm that your questions or concerns have been addressed.
- If you decide to opt-in to receive our eNewsletter then you will receive it via e-mail, once per month.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
How do we protect your information?
All information is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights, and is kept confidential.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer through your Web browser that enables the site or service provider to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Some of our services may not function properly if you turn your cookies off, but you can still place orders by contacting us directly via phone or e-mail.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 09/12/13.
Thomson Family Adventures
14 Mount Auburn Street
Watertown, MA 02472